Update News:

Discuss anything related to OMNET to the site http://www.LearnOMNET.com. Anyone who are doing thesis can discuss their issuers and problems there by simply posting there. Just register and discuss about your issuers…..

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Plz help to solve the problem

I tried the tictoc example in Omnet++ IDE according to the tutorial and face problem to configure initialization file.

Firstly, I just copy the following code:
[Config Tictoc4]
network = Tictoc4
Tictoc4.toc.limit = 5

[Config Tictoc5]
network = Tictoc5
**.limit = 5
And got the above two errors and two warning. So, I modified the code like the followings:
[Config Tictoc4]
network = demo1.TicToc1
Tictoc4.toc.limit = 5

[Config Tictoc5]
network = demo1.TicToc1
**.limit = 5
Now, the two errors are gone but there are two warnings like the following:


I am really very anxious about the errors and I am a beginner to work in Omnet++ . So, if anybody can tell me the solutions then please tell me in the comment section. This definitely help me if you tell me the way to solve the problem.

Thanking you....

7 comments:

  1. Hello!

    How did it go for you?
    The warnings that you describe shouldn't be any problem.
    You don't need to use all of the parameters that are in your .ini-file.

    Anders Branderud

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, this blog could be very useful to some people like me who are trying to do the thesis using omnet.
    Have you done only one post in this blog?
    can we use this blog to post our problems with omnet? you have to give us some rights to publish in your blog..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carlo for your comment. Yes, if you would like to post such problem and solution, then you are welcome. But to do that, I just need your email address to give you permission to post this blog. If you would give me your email address then I could enable permission to post anything related to omnet++. Plz give me your email address and I will give you permission to post in this blog.

      Delete
    2. Hello Lethe,
      i wrote in a post of omnet google group where there are other students who want a blog or something where we can talk about our problems with Omnet and sensor network.
      Have you done your thesis about sensor networks?
      Are you agree to permit to the others to publish in your blog?
      have you finished your thesis?

      Delete
    3. Thanks Carlo for your comment and your wish to discuss related to OMNET issues. I feel the necessity for a good place where any student who are working with OMNET, can discuss the issues. I am really interested and so, you have a good news. The news is the followings:

      I just setup a website www.LearnOMNET.com and you can easily access there and registered yourself. After registering, you and others can publish or discuss anything related to OMNET. Not only you, any students or researchers using OMNET, can registered them-self easily and can send their issues.

      Hope, you could be happy using that and give me your feedback.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    I'm a new investigator in the field of wireless sensor networks (master's student research). I started preparing may research paper. I'm looking for ( in order to do a study, a simulation using omnet++ and if possible improve) a recent and interesting mac protocol used to minimize energy consomed at mac layer. I really wish that you help me to choose a best protocol. Someone can helps me , pleeeeeease??

    ReplyDelete